DTE Energy passes along savings to customers just in time for summer
DETROIT, May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for rising temperatures, DTE Energy customers will see lower energy prices beginning in June. Rates for the average residential electric customer will decrease nearly 2 percent per month.
"We're pleased to be able to provide this savings to customers, especially at a time when their energy usage will increase over the summer months. As always, we encourage customers to take advantage of the energy savings tips we offer," said Trevor F. Lauer, president and COO, DTE Electric.
Energy prices for DTE's industrial customers are declining approximately 3 percent, and are going down about 1.5 percent for commercial customers, effective June 1.
DTE also provides customers information to ensure their homes are energy efficient. Tips to beat the summer heat include:
- Download the DTE Energy Insight app to manage your home's energy use and help lower your bill.
- Change your air filter. The change of seasons is a great time to check your filter. A dirty filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you cool, wasting energy.
- Add Shade. Close blinds and curtains on the south and west facing windows to block out summer sunlight. To add more shade, plant trees to shade windows or move container trees and plants in front of windows.
- Install and properly set a programmable thermostat. With proper use, programmable thermostats can save about $180 every year in energy costs.
- Add insulation to your home to improve comfort and efficiency. Homeowners typically save up to $200 a year in heating and cooling costs by air sealing their homes and adding insulation.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy (NYSE:DTE) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan and a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan. The DTE Energy portfolio includes non-utility energy businesses focused on power and industrial projects, natural gas pipelines, gathering and storage, and energy marketing and trading. As one of Michigan's leading corporate citizens, DTE Energy is a force for growth and prosperity in the 450 Michigan communities it serves in a variety of ways, including philanthropy, volunteerism and economic progress. Information about DTE Energy is available at dteenergy.com, twitter.com/dte_energy and facebook.com/dteenergy.
SOURCE DTE Energy