DTE Energy's 2015-2016 Corporate Citizenship Report provides roadmap for transforming the company's energy generation
DETROIT, June 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy released its 2015-2016 Corporate Citizenship Report today, detailing the company's commitment to fundamentally modernizing the energy industry by investing in natural gas, wind, and solar technologies and upgrading gas and electric infrastructure to continue providing customers with safe and reliable service.
"DTE Energy's aspiration is to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for growth and prosperity in the communities where we live and serve," said Gerry Anderson, DTE Energy chairman and CEO. "Our 2015-2016 Corporate Citizenship Report tells the story of how we are working to build a better future for Michigan and the communities in which we operate across the country."
The report, entitled "A Force for Growth & Prosperity," is available to download at www.dtecitizenship.com. Key DTE accomplishments highlighted in the report include:
- Produced enough electricity from renewable energy sources in 2015 to power about 450,000 households
- Installed 80 miles of new gas pipelines in 2015 and on track to install 100 more miles in 2016 to maintain a safe and reliable system for our customers
- Reduced carbon dioxide emissions from electric generation by 17 percent compared to 2010 baseline and on track to reduce CO2 emissions by 40 percent below 2010 levels by 2030
- Achieved the safest year on record for DTE's employees
- Donated a total of $18 million in charitable contributions in 2015, including $15 million in grants through the DTE Energy Foundation, a 25 percent increase over 2014, and $3 million through the company
- 2,335 employees participated in more than 100 company-sponsored volunteer events, collectively donating approximately 12,000 hours of service in 2015
- Spent nearly $1 billion with Michigan companies in 2015, surpassing its goal
- Committed to spend an additional $5 billion with Michigan companies over the next five years, as a founding member of Pure Michigan Business Connect
DTE Energy's 2015-2016 Corporate Citizenship report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative's GRI G4 guidance, which enables organizations to measure and understand their most critical impacts on the environment, society and the economy. In addition to the web-based report, DTE has published a Highlights summary, also available at dtecitizenship.com. The public is welcome to provide feedback at [email protected].
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy (NYSE:DTE) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan and a natural gas utility serving 1.2 million customers in Michigan. The DTE Energy portfolio includes non-utility energy businesses focused on power and industrial projects, natural gas pipelines, gathering and storage, and energy marketing and trading. As one of Michigan's leading corporate citizens, DTE Energy is a force for growth and prosperity in the 450 Michigan communities it serves in a variety of ways, including philanthropy, volunteerism and economic progress. More information about the company's corporate citizenship is available at dtecitizenship.com. Additional information about DTE Energy is available at dteenergy.com, twitter.com/dte_energy and facebook.com/dteenergy.
SOURCE DTE Energy