DTE Energy announces unprecedented level of charitable giving in 2014
DETROIT, Sept. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy and the DTE Energy Foundation deepened its commitment to Michigan communities by providing $27 million in charitable contributions in 2014, by far the highest level of giving in the company's history. Details of the charitable donations and the many other ways in which DTE is a force for growth and prosperity in the communities where its employees live and serve were released in the company's 2014-2015 Corporate Citizenship Report.
The report, now available for download at www.dtecitizenship.com, celebrates DTE's environmental, financial and community successes, while acknowledging the challenges the company faces.
"DTE Energy's 2014-15 Corporate Citizenship Report provides our stakeholders with an inside look at the work we are focused on for our customers and our communities," said Gerry Anderson, DTE Energy chairman and CEO. "It tells the story of our employees and the energy and spirit that drives us each day to best serve our customers, to help our company grow, to be good stewards of the environment and to be proud supporters of our communities."
Key points of the report include:
- $27 million in charitable contributions includes nearly $12 million invested by the DTE Energy Foundation, $10 million donated by the company to United Way and The Heat and Warmth Fund, $5 million granted to the "Grand Bargain"
- DTE's strategy to transform its generation mix from predominantly coal to a more balanced mix of coal, natural gas, renewables and nuclear
- Ways in which DTE uses technology to enhance customers' experience, including the DTE Energy Mobile App, DTE Energy Insight App, payment kiosks, paperless billing and guest pay
- $2 billion spent on environmental control equipment to continue reducing emissions from our power plants, and a commitment to further reduce carbon emissions
- $1.25 billion increased spending with Michigan-based suppliers from 2010-2014, with an additional commitment to spend $5 billion more over the next five years
DTE Energy's 2014-15 Corporate Citizenship report, entitled "A Force for Growth & Prosperity," was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative's GRI G4 guidance, which enables organizations to measure and understand their most critical impacts on the environment, society and the economy. In addition to the 74-page report, DTE has published a Highlights summary, also available at dtecitizenship.com.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy (NYSE:DTE) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include an electric utility serving 2.1 million customers in Southeastern Michigan and a natural gas utility serving 1.2 million customers in Michigan. The DTE Energy portfolio includes non-utility energy businesses focused on power and industrial projects, natural gas pipelines, gathering and storage, and energy marketing and trading. As one of Michigan's leading corporate citizens, DTE Energy is a force for growth and prosperity in the 450 Michigan communities it serves in a variety of ways, including philanthropy, volunteerism and economic progress. Information about DTE Energy is available at dteenergy.com, twitter.com/dte_energy and facebook.com/dteenergy.
SOURCE DTE Energy